Manually installing the Altaro Hyper-V Host Agent
Last Updated: Jan 19, 2017 11:46AM CET
To install the Altaro Hyper-V Host Agent manually on a Hyper-V Host, please follow the below procedure:
- Download the standalone Altaro Hyper-V Host Agent installer for:
V7: http://downloads.altaro.com/altarovmbackupsetup_hostagent.exe V6: http://downloads.altaro.com/altarovmbackupsetup_hostagent_v6.exe
- Copy the downloaded file over to the Hyper-V Host machine that you wish to backup.
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions, you should have the agent installed after a few clicks.
- Once the agent is installed, return to the machine running Altaro Hyper-V Backup and launch the Management console and go to the [Hosts] screen
- If the Host in question has already been added to the Hosts screen list then simply click on [Discover Host Environment] to refresh the status of the Host.
If not, simply click on [Add Host] and follow the on-screen instructions. The Altaro Hyper-V Host Agent software will be detected immediately and the deployment stage will be skipped.