- Adds failed Backup Version Retention Policy operations to the Email Reports.
- Reintroduces Management Console support for Server Core Windows Server (excluding Server Core 2008 R2). Support was removed in 7.6 release.
- When a Virtual Machine moves between two nodes on a Hyper-V Fail Over Cluster the first backup following the migration is stopped and resumed on the new Owner Node. In 7.6 an error message is shown indicating that the Backup was stopped due since the VM is no longer on that Node even though the Backup takes place correctly. In this build the message is reworded to explain that the Backup was stopped and will resume on new Node. An upcoming build will remove the message completely unless the VM is not located on any of the nodes as a further improvement.
- Fixes an issue where backups could fail due to timeouts when a large number of Virtual Machines on Server 2008 R2/ 2012 / 2012 R2 (eg. 200+) are included in the same Backup Schedule.
- Fixes an issue where operation progress could stop being displayed in the Management Console due to timeouts when backing up a large number of Virtual Machines.
- Fixes an issue where Shared Backup locations would fail to be setup correctly.
- Fixes an issue where the Backup Service could crash during File Consistent backups of a Volume with no root.
- Fixes an issue where the Restore To folder path would revert back to the default C:\AltaroRestored when modifying a Sandbox Restore schedule.
- Fixes a number of issues related to the new Maintenance Mode in 7.6 being blocked or failing to abort due to communication issues with the Hyper-V Hosts.
- Fixes an issue where VMs will be displayed on the wrong Hyper-V Host Cluster node after migrating even after pressing 'Rediscover' in the Management Console.
- Fixes an issue where upon upgrade of the product a number of empty error messages are displayed in the Error Drop-down menu.
- Fixes an issue where the Subscription License key is not refreshed correctly from the CMC causing Backups to fail due to a stale license key.
- Increases the 1 hour timeout available for VSS Shadow Copies to be prepared for a backup in 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2. The one hour timeout was introduced in 7.6 but was not providing enough time for large Hyper-V Clusters with a large number of Queued VSS Requests.
- Fixes some issues that could cause a Backup on 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 to fail due to VSS issues.
- Fixes an issue where VSS Shadow Copies in 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 were retried multiple times for 1 hour in the case of a failed VSS operation. They are now retried twice only with a 10 Minute wait in between each retry.
- Fixes an issue which could cause a Backup to block for a number of hours due to issues with CBT before failing. This was effecting 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 only.
- Includes other fixes and improvements.
(Follow the steps here to upgrade to the latest version)