Limitation: The CLI import tool should not be used to move Altaro configuration between nodes in the same cluster.
It is important to note that:
- The product's UI must be closed before any attempt to restore the configuration.
- After that the restore is done, the hosts and backup location credentials need to be re-authenticated.
To use the tool, please proceed as follows:
- After installing Altaro VM Backup on the new machine, open Command Prompt with Administrator priveleges.
- Change directory to "C:\Program Files\Altaro\Altaro Backup"
- Run the tool by typing "Altaro.Apps.ConfigRestore.exe"
- When prompted, enter your backup location (this needs to be supplied as previously configured in Altaro backup location). NOTE: if the backup location is a network location, you will be prompted to enter the domain credentials in order to access the configuration backup.
- The services are stopped, the last backed up product configuration version is restored, and the services are then started automatically.
- Important. After the tool has completed the restore, make sure to re-enter passwords for your backup locations.