- In regards to pricing, please note that GPv1 (General Purpose v1) is recommended as it will result in the lowest cost. This is due to: "workloads with high churn or high read rates may benefit from this account type." Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/storage-account-options
- Cloud Backup to Azure is only available to customers using the Unlimited Plus Edition or Partners using Altaro VM Backup for MSPs.
- The below article is a rough guide to Microsoft Azure pricing and it's meant to give you an idea of what Microsoft charge for Azure storage. If you'd like more accurate pricing kindly consult directly with Microsoft or a Microsoft Partner/Distributor.
Altaro VM Backup makes use of General Purpose accounts in Azure, thus costs can be calculated using the below link:
Costs will also change depending on the Replication strategy you choose when creating your Azure storage account. You can find more details about the different Replication strategies available in MS Azure here:
SampleWe have put together a sample for reference as below. Please note that this sample was calculated taking:
- a backup set of 1TB in total
- with 20GB of changed data being uploaded per day
- using LRS (Zone 1) replication strategy
- using MS Azure pricing as at 15th July 2017
Please note that this is rough pricing from Microsoft with regards to using their Azure storage accounts and this is not Altaro's charge for backing up to Microsoft Azure.
You may use the Azure Pricing calculator to make your own personalized calculations, link below:
Azure Storage replication options: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/storage/storage-redundancy
Azure General Purpose Storage Pricing: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/details/storage/blobs-general/
Storage Account limits and performance targets: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-scalability-targets