If you need to change the ports used to connect to the Altaro Offsite Server, please follow the steps below:
On the offsite Altaro Offsite Server:
- Browse to the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Altaro\AltaroOffsiteServerProfile\Overrides
- Create a file named "AOSConfiguration.dat" in a text editor such as Notepad. It's important that you do not save it with a trailing extension such as ".dat.txt"
- Paste the following into the newly created file and save:
- As you can see currently they've already been changed, from 35116-to-36116 and 35117-to-36117. You can obviously change these to whatever ports you'd like; the "UiServicePort" can be left at the default 35119 as that is only used for the local UI connection.
- Close the file and Save the changes when done modifying the ports
- Restart the "Altaro Offsite Server 7" service
On the client side (the server sending the backups offsite)
- Open the Altaro VM Backup console, and go to Setup >> Backup Locations
- If you have already added your Altaro Offsite Server to the Offsite locations list then click the [Edit] button:
If you have not added your Altaro Offsite Server yet, then click [Add Offsite Location], choose "Altaro Offsite Server" and click [Next]
- You'll then be prompted with a connection details screen where you can click [Port Settings] to expand a list of ports to use.
- Here you must define the ports to match those you have configured on the Altaro Offsite Server machine.
- Once done. Click Test Connection and it should connect using the specified ports.