If you need to move the Altaro Offsite server installation over to a new machine, you'll likely want to retain the history and continue taking incremental offsite backups. This article will guide you on how to do that and avoid having to re-seed your offsite backups.
Below you can find the steps to follow:
- Set up a new Altaro Offsite Server and configure an account. Then point to this newly created account from the Altaro VM Backup. You can find the download links for each version below:
- V6: http://www.altaro.com/vm-backup/download_v6.php
- V5: http://www.altaro.com/vm-backup/download_v5.php
- V4: http://www.altaro.com/vm-backup/download_v4.php
- After installing and configuring the Altaro Offsite Server on the new server, start a quick offsite backup and then cancel it off immediately, so the new folder structure gets created.
- Once done, browse to the folder you have selected as your offsite repository. You should see a folder structure similar to this:
In the Cluster ID folder you will see multiple subfolders with a GUID (each one relating to the GUID of the VM that was backed up). For example folders named:
- Copy all of the GUID folders from the above path (your OLD offsite repository) to the newly created one. Ensure that you paste them inside the new Cluster ID folder.