If you'd like to move the location of this temporary directory, please ensure that you are running build 5.0.97 or later.
To do so, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, create a folder named "Overrides" in this path: C:\ProgramData\Altaro\AltaroBackupProfile
If you'd like to move the temp files on the Altaro Offsite Server, create a folder named "Overrides" in this path: C:\ProgramData\Altaro\AltaroOffsiteServerProfile
- Then create a text file named "OverrideTempFolder.txt" inside the newly created folder.
- In the text file enter the path where you wish to store Altaro’s temp files, for example: "E:\AltaroTemp" (without quotes) -- ensure this location exists.
- On next Operation, all Altaro temporary files will now be stored in the above directory.
- ProgramData is a hidden folder by default
- Ensure that the file extension is showing, or you might end up with a file named "OverrideTempFolder.txt.txt"
- Ensure there are no spaces at the end of the path and no extra line breaks in the text file