Note: This will work for when the VMs will remain on the same host and you're simply looking to move the backup sets over to a new backup location. This won't work if you're moving the VMs to another host completely.
To do so, you can follow these steps:
- Browse to the backup drive and then copy (not move) 'AltaroV7' folder over to the new backup location. The best way to move the backup folder is through Robocopy as you might encounter issues with long file path name through a normal Windows copy.
- The syntax for Robocopy can be found below, which can be run through a normal command line window:
robocopy <source> <destination> /e
- Then from the Altaro Management Console, point to the new backup location - ensure you do not point directly to the 'AltaroV7' folder, so as not to create 2 folders. So in this case, ensure to point to it's parent folder.
- Next, simply drag over the VMs to this new backup location from the Altaro Management Console.
- The next backups will continue where they left off on the new backup location.
- You can now delete the 'AltaroV7' folder in the old backup location.