Degradation and failure of storage devices is not uncommon, and this feature will allow you to compare the data on your drive to a checksum taken at the time of backup to verify the integrity of your data on disk, and restore peace-of-mind.
To set up automated verification tasks, proceed as follows:
- Open the Altaro management console and go to Sandbox & Verification > Schedule Test Drills
- Select the Schedule Type by choosing Hyper-V or VMware
- Click the Add Sandbox Restore Schedule
- Choose the Verify Backup Folders option, and select your preferred Recurrence Pattern, for example: Weekly from Monday to Sunday at 0:00 as shown below
- Click Save, and your new Verification Schedule will show up in the console.
- Drag and drop the VM(s) you wish to run verification tasks for from the VM list on the left hand side into your newly created Verification Schedule:
Note: Verification Schedules can be edited, deleted or disabled just like your backup schedules.
- Once you are happy with your new settings, click Save Changes to complete
Pro Tip: Add another level of protection to your backup data and set up an Offsite Copy of your data to a second redundant location to ensure you will always have a copy of your data to restore from, even if your local backup data is damaged.